Monday, April 9, 2012

Welcome to Everyday In Finance


To My Visitors, I Welcome You to My Everyday In Finance Blog!

Creator's Biography:
I'm Jillien Mortimer, a undergraduate and international student majoring in Finance at the University of South Alabama. I am currently entering my senior year at the university and look forward to also obtaining my masters in finance and becoming a Certified Financial Analyst. Before entering the University of South Alabama in the Fall 2008, I was employed for 3.5 years at Butterfield Bank (Bahamas) Ltd where I entered the Investment/Mutual Funds department as a filing clerk at the age of 17. While being apart of the company, I was promoted within 1 year and 6 months to a Trainee Jr. Fund Accountant. My responsibilities included assisting the Senior Fund Accountants with monthly, quarterly and weekly NAVs, retrieving stock prices/quotes and company portfolios from Bloomberg and IDC, inputting trades in the Mutual Fund Software (MFACT), preparing timely and accurate responses for all audit queries and ensuring the update of the company'as investment website with NAV information for all respective funds. Furthermore, during the semester of Fall 2011 I took a leave of absent from college due to financial/tuition problems I obtained employment for 4 months at Colina Financial Advisors Ltd and was able to gain knowledge in Pension Administration as a Assistant Pension Administrator (Intern) where I performed duties such as the input of pension contributions, new participants/beneficiaries or update to existing pension participants, assist with the preparation of correspondence letters to plan sponsors and participants, completion of contribution and withdrawal vouchers, and preparation of checks and deposit books.

The Purpose of Everyday In Finance:
The purpose of the Everyday In Finance blog, is to educate and update all young adults in college and high school about the Financial Market. Every year the aspect of technology is growing and as young individuals we should be able to stay on top of what is going on in the financial world locally, nationally and even internationally. I strongly believe that many persons have a right to be educated on the stock market, mutual funds, the preparation of saving for pension and the value of budgeting and saving money. Therefore, the key element of my blog is to target and educate young individuals NOW, about everything Financial in the world such as daily and weekly financial news, tracking top companies stock, and information on well known financial persons. My goal is to keep young people and everyone on top of the business market.

So thus being stated, I hope that my blog become a financial education tool for you and prepare you in for your future.

Kind regards,
Jillien Mortimer

No comments:

Post a Comment